My Money MD
- Residential real estate is the world’s largest asset class and should be a part of everyone’s portfolio. And, in fact, it is for homeowners. But now renters can also get in with housing futures.
- The developing brain is adversely affected by poverty. The long-term effects are not only negative for the child, but society in general. If you have ready cash, you might want to consider giving aid to families caught in the economic downturn.
- Cash currently earns little to no interest in a traditionally risk free money market. If the money isn't essential later in life, then you should use it to vacation with the family or for some other experience.
- This is the holiday season. We know we are supposed to feel charitable. But, sometimes we don’t, especially when we think someone has taken monetary advantage of us. As it turns out, our response is not mean spirited — it’s only human.
- Humans are complex: though we think we are rational, we can be irrational. Is it rational to be irrational?
Dr. Shirley Mueller is a physician turned financial consultant and investment educator. Her fee is hourly, not a percentage of assets. She welcomes comments at ShirleyMMueller@MyMoneyMD.com. For more information, visit her website at MyMoneyMD.com.
Shirley Mueller, MD is a physician turned financial consultant and investment educator who specializes in guiding clients, both one-on-one and in groups, about how to effectively self-invest using a simple and effective three-step approach