Physician's Wealth Manager
- In order to achieve your financial goals, you need a well thought out plan, created with your financial advisor. Comprehensive financial planning includes a six step process.
- Sometimes it’s beneficial to take a look at the basics to ensure they're still working for you. For high-income earners, like physicians, who aren't utilizing a wealth management firm, here's what you're missing out on.
- There was far more involved in the fiscal cliff deal than just increased income taxes for people making more than $400,000. Here are the key provisions of this law, including capital gains taxes, charitable distributions and education incentives.
- It is important that the Eastern Seaboard learn from the disaster of Superstorm Sandy to be better prepared for future natural disasters. Here are best practices for protecting family and assets during times of crisis.
- Now that President Obama has been re-elected he has to face the upcoming fiscal cliff, which could possibly push the country into another recession. Here are tax changes to watch as the year comes to an end, as well as what the president plans to do.
- With current rates at historic lows, people are able to lock in a shorter-term loan and still end up with monthly payments equal to or less than what they were paying with a longer-term mortgage.
- It’s important to bear in mind that, in case of divorce, equitable or fair does not necessarily mean equal. A 50/50 split is generally the starting point in the discussion, but rarely do the two parties end up with an exact amount.
- With investing, it’s better to aim for base hits rather than swing for home runs, but it’s also important to stay in the game.
- The U.S. has seen an upswing in the economy, but news from abroad isn't as positive. Despite the troubles in the euro zone, investors shouldn't avoid international investments.
- Death is inevitable, but there are steps we should take to lessen, even a little, the hardship facing loved ones at the time of one’s death.
Thomas A. Orecchio, CFA, CFP, ChFC, CLU, AIF is principal and wealth manager at Modera Wealth Management in Westwood,NJ. From portfolio management and tax planning alternative investments and estate planning, Tom assists physicians through truly comprehensive wealth management. Mr. Orecchio can be reached at TomO@ModeraWealth.com.
Tom Orecchio examines the principles of wealth management and financial planning-from portfolio and tax management to alternative investments and estate planning-to help physicians achieve financial success.