Take As Needed
- While no one has any way of knowing the future, everyone could use some financial advice from the smartest people in the business to help them make investment decisions.
- Now that most doctors are salaried, it is time that the long-held taboo of discussing how much money people make is considered for the trash bin as dated and unhelpful.
- It's always something... The world, money matters and medicine elusively remain one step ahead of us and we are seemingly always in catch-up mode.
- The good news is that as a trained doctor, you have a leg up as an employee if you can use the same kind of professional approach to your boss that you have learned to use with your patients. Being observant, thoughtful, and helpful should do it.
- We live in politically acrimonious times, and doctors are particularly ill-equipped to influence the process by the nature of our selection, training and experience, according to Jeff Brown, MD.
- Elder financial abuse is all around us and is increasing, as horrible as that may sound, but we need to be aware of it and ready to take responsible action if we see it.
- Doctors likely remember to "pay it forward," while investors can keep in mind that "The world always seems to ascribe financial success to superior intelligence.” You never know what famous quote will lead to a personal/financial advantage.
- No one wants to lose face when their investments take a loss. Here are some euphemisms Jeff Brown, MD, has heard people use to hide or explain away financial failings.
- The future implementation of the ICD-10 code changes — delayed again — will range from about $83,000 for a small practice to as high as an estimated $2.7 million for a large practice, according to a HIT consulting firm.
- Now that the market has surpassed its previous record, many who bailed out with the herd after the 2008 collapse are now feeling edgy about having missed the surge back and are probably wondering, "what is the smart way to buy back into the market?"
Jeff Brown, MD, is a Board Certified Family Practitioner, currently doing geriatrics as a Medical Director, and is also a consultant for the California Medical Board. Dr. Brown can be reached at email@example.com.
Jeff Brown, MD, is a Board Certified Family Practitioner, currently specializing in geriatrics as a Medical Director, and is also a consultant for the California Medical Board .