Take As Needed
- The lack of informed "followership" can make moot the effort of putative leaders. And such a fractured network of rudderless health care leads to avoidable poor outcomes for our patients..
- Historically, leadership positions in medicine have been filled too often as a soft landing for an end-of-career doctor or by the only doctor willing to take the job and do the work. We need to recognize the need for trained leaders but we cannot stop there.
- The new cost of raising a child for 17 years, the truth about buying IPO stocks and why it's important for both spouses to be involved in financial planning.
- One of the ongoing problems in health care is that there is no effective interaction between insurance companies and practicing physicians. None. At least, none at the policy level.
- A number of factors have been pushing doctors to do things for patients that, absent such forces, we would not do.
Jeff Brown, MD, is a Board Certified Family Practitioner, currently doing geriatrics as a Medical Director, and is also a consultant for the California Medical Board. Dr. Brown can be reached at email@example.com.
Jeff Brown, MD, is a Board Certified Family Practitioner, currently specializing in geriatrics as a Medical Director, and is also a consultant for the California Medical Board .