Take As Needed
- There is a rising sense that consumer-oriented service, rather than physician-oriented service, is important for the success of a doctor's business. This change is overdue for the health care industry.
- Typically people don't like to joke about their finances, but here are some you might be able to get a laugh from.
- The concierge model has very high risk and rewards. On the one hand your new practice can be a cash cow, and on the other you might alienate all of your patients and lose money.
- There may be a lot of turmoil in the health care industry right now, but Jeff Brown thinks that the best is yet to come.
- The flawed Medicare system is so tiresome to navigate that many doctors will drop the coverage if possible or close their independent practices in favor of joining a group.
- A plea for doctors to wake up and come to grips with the necessities of a personal financial life.
- There is often an uneasiness surrounding the concept of tipping as people fret about how much to tip and who gets the money. Just what is the etiquette surrounding this social more?
- There are a number of retirement myths that people take as fact. But it's worthwhile to explore them and see how much truth there is.
- New scientific technology isn't the only rapid change in the health care industry. Doctors themselves are changing their politics and views as they change their jobs.
- I was having dinner with my “Kitchen Cabinet” the other night when one of them asked me how to go about telling his heirs about his estate. It is an important question, and having seen or heard little on that niche aspect of estate planning I immediately put my crack staff to work on it.
Jeff Brown, MD, is a Board Certified Family Practitioner, currently doing geriatrics as a Medical Director, and is also a consultant for the California Medical Board. Dr. Brown can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeff Brown, MD, is a Board Certified Family Practitioner, currently specializing in geriatrics as a Medical Director, and is also a consultant for the California Medical Board .