The Entrepreneurial MD
- While practicing medicine, Rich Sagall, MD, acquired multiple ancillary skills in anticipation of the day when providing care one-on-one to patients would no longer satisfy his sense of purpose.
- Where does the source of a leader’s power come from? What helps to shape a true, strong leader? Having trusted advisors is helpful, but there's something else that aids leaders.
- Despite what you may hope, Accountable Care Organizations and patient-centered medical homes are here to stay and demand heightened physician leadership. This means relying on skills of influence and persuasion, which is no easy feat to acquire.
- For those physicians who want to be entrepreneurial physicians, but don't think their circumstances permit them to take the chance, the secret is to become an intrapreneur.
- What does it take to succeed in life and business? There is some fascinating research — mainly coming out of the field of education — that sheds some light on the traits of successful individuals.
- There are three great drivers of innovation and entrepreneurs are called to act upon those drivers to bring an idea into being through funding and planning.
- Philippa Kennealy is against making New Year's resolutions because they are often born of hopes and wishful thinking instead of a real desire to create change. She is making a commitment, instead.
- Physicians with blogs think successful marketing is about writing as much content as possible; however, the real secret is knowing how to promote each blog post effectively. Here are some suggestions.
- A serial physician entrepreneur realized that the only way he could make a real difference to more people was by using leverage as a businessman. He shares his inspiring story and some wisdom.
- Making that sometimes difficult shift from not wanting to deal with the business side of your practice to taking ownership, thinking like an entrepreneur and coming up with creative strategies to deliver care the way you want.
Philippa Kennealy, MD, MPH, CPCC, PCC is President and founder of The Entrepreneurial MD. She is a business advisor, coach and teacher to physicians grappling with the challenges of launching, building or growing their own successful practices or businesses.
The Entrepreneurial MD blog serves as trusted resource to help you thrive as a physician entrepreneur, and to provide the encouragement, accountability and support to help you build your dream business or practice.