The Entrepreneurial MD
- Many physicians plan to transition out of clinical practice into non-clinical careers, including education, administration, consulting and communications. Here are my Top 10 tips for surviving the transition successfully.
- Still being in travel mode and having engaged in several recent email and phone conversations about ways to practice medicine that involve travel, I'm devoting this blog post to seven ideas for indulging your love of medicine and travel. These ideas range from volunteer work to paid entrepreneurial ventures for physicians.
- I'm commonly informed by doctors starting up new businesses that they are on the lookout for venture capital and, oh by the way, can I point them in the direction of some willing venture capitalists who'll be interested in their idea?
- Many physicians I’ve spoken to recently have reported drops in patient attendance, a fall-off in clientele, and declining incomes. My trip to Africa, however, showed me that, as bad as we think we have it, there are those for whom a dry bed in a rain storm is a blessing.
- You can spend $100,000 on an MBA to learn how to become an entrepreneur, or you can diligently tap into the wealth of resources that the Internet provides for no more than the cost of your time.
Philippa Kennealy, MD, MPH, CPCC, PCC is President and founder of The Entrepreneurial MD. She is a business advisor, coach and teacher to physicians grappling with the challenges of launching, building or growing their own successful practices or businesses.
The Entrepreneurial MD blog serves as trusted resource to help you thrive as a physician entrepreneur, and to provide the encouragement, accountability and support to help you build your dream business or practice.