The Entrepreneurial MD
- There is currently a significant demand for copywriters with deep insights into health care and physicians contemplating a non-clinical business or career change could be perfect.
- The infographic and other images are great ways to present complicated information to your colleagues, patients or clients.
- One of your best tools to securing work in your areas of passion is your internet access.
- An interview with a general surgeon who is the poster child for the physician career of the next generation.
- A conversation with a book writing coach and published authors looking to help aspiring physician authors help get their message out.
- Lifelong, fulfilling physicians careers, representing continuity, are a dying breed as today's physicians expect more out of their careers.
- You'll save a ton of money on marketing if you decide to focus your energy on learning the best ways to use the internet and search engines to get your physician business online.
- Networking can be hard if a) you are super-busy and b) extremely shy or introverted. But even busy introverts can build up their "know, like and trust" factor.
- For most physicians, quitting isn't a realistic option, so maybe it's time to work on redefining your ideal job. Once you know what you want, you can go out and find it.
- The past few years have thrust health care into the limelight, with the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Healthcare Act (PPACA) in March 2010. And confusion has reigned ever since.
Philippa Kennealy, MD, MPH, CPCC, PCC is President and founder of The Entrepreneurial MD. She is a business advisor, coach and teacher to physicians grappling with the challenges of launching, building or growing their own successful practices or businesses.
The Entrepreneurial MD blog serves as trusted resource to help you thrive as a physician entrepreneur, and to provide the encouragement, accountability and support to help you build your dream business or practice.