The Entrepreneurial MD
- For most of us physician business owners, the beginning of a year is a time filled with hope and intention. "It's going to be a(n even) better year. I’m going to be better at X, Y and Z"! we tell ourselves.
- While you can't fully anticipate what will happen in 2012, you can create the attitude that will permit you to cope with whatever comes your way.
- An interview with a physician who created an electronic medical record and embraces the idea of an educated "patient consumer."
- If you want to solve a problem, the best way to do so is to immerse yourself in such a way as to become an item in the problem you want to solve. Here are some other creative thought processes for the workplace.
- Yes, success can be measured by the amount of money a business makes or puts in the owner's pocket. But for most successful entrepreneurs, there are many more intangibles that surface as non-quantifiable metrics of success.
- There is one consistent piece of advice that physicians share in regards to being a successful entrepreneur: persist, persevere, prevail.
- I am a big believer in evolution, whether it’s of the world, of human beings over the span of a life or of a professional career. As a current entrepreneurial physician and business owner, I'm acutely aware that to thrive, I must evolve.
- Physicians are very uncomfortable with marketing and sales, but if you want to succeed in business as an entrepreneurial physician, you must learn to sell.
- Most happiness research to date has uncovered only a weak link between our satisfaction with life and either our financial condition or our accumulated possessions. So how do we increase our daily satisfaction?
- As a trained and practicing emergency room physician, Dr Burger knew all too well the waste of time, money and other tight resources that went into providing urgent primary care to patients in the emergency room. And it really bothered him.
Philippa Kennealy, MD, MPH, CPCC, PCC is President and founder of The Entrepreneurial MD. She is a business advisor, coach and teacher to physicians grappling with the challenges of launching, building or growing their own successful practices or businesses.
The Entrepreneurial MD blog serves as trusted resource to help you thrive as a physician entrepreneur, and to provide the encouragement, accountability and support to help you build your dream business or practice.